- 1 cup (250mL) water
- 1 small (120g) potato, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 small (70g) carrot, chopped
- 2 tbsp red lentils
- 50g peeled and chopped pumpkin
How to make
- Place water, potato, onion, carrot, lentils and pumpkin in a small saucepan over high heat; bring to the boil; simmer until potato and lentils are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth, adding more boiled water if necessary to achieve the required consistency. For older babies, simply mash with a fork.
The recipe can be doubled and extra servings can be placed in airtight containers and frozen for later use.