- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium (240g) carrots, chopped
- ¾ cup (90g) finely chopped celery
- 1 medium (200g) potato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (1.5L) chicken or vegetable stock
- ¾ cup (135g) small macaroni
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- Grated parmesan, to serve, if desired
How to make
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat; add onion, carrot and celery; cook 4 minutes or until just tender; add potato and garlic; cook 1 minute; add tomatoes and stock; bring to the boil; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add macaroni and beans; simmer 8-10 minutes or until macaroni is cooked. Serve with parmesan, if desired
For younger babies, simply process in a blender to required consistency. Minestrone can be frozen in small portions for baby for later use.