Cheese and Ham Scrolls
- ½ cup (60g) finely grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 50g low fat ham, finely chopped
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
How to make
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Combine cheese, parmesan and ham in a small bowl; mix well.
- Lay pastry on a work surface; brush with egg; spread cheese mixture evenly over pastry, leaving a 2cm edge; roll pastry firmly, encasing filling, like a Swiss roll. Cut into 8 even slices. Arrange scrolls close together on prepared tray, ensuring join is turned inwards so scrolls don't unroll while cooking. Bake for 30 minutes or until light golden and cooked through.
For a variation and a more subtle flavour, omit parmesan and ham, and add ½ cup ricotta to the cheddar cheese.
Excess egg can be used for scrambled eggs! Just add one tablespoon of milk and cook in a non stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring just when egg begins to set.
The recipe is easily doubled so extra scrolls can be made for when friends come to play!