Italian Meatloaf with Salsa
- 250g block frozen spinach, thawed
- 750g lamb mince
- ½ cup (50g) packaged breadcrumbs
- ½ cup (40g) grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup (15g) finely chopped parsley
- 1 medium (150g) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 425g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (20g) basil leaves
How to make
- Preheat oven 200°C/180°C fan forced. Squeeze spinach to remove excess water; place in a large bowl with mince, breadcrumbs, parmesan, eggs, parsley and onion. Mix well.
- Lay a large sheet of foil onto a bench; cover with baking paper; spread mince mixture onto baking paper and shape into a 25cm long, six cm high log. Wrap with foil and baking paper. Place on a baking tray and bake for 35 minutes; unwrap and cook for a further 10 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, place oil, tomatoes and garlic in a medium saucepan over high heat; simmer 10 minutes; add basil; cook a further 5 minutes; place in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Serve with meatloaf.
This meatloaf is generous enough for leftovers and sandwiches the next day!