Easy Chicken Dinner
- 1 small (200g) chicken breast, skinless and diced
- 1 small (150g) kumara, peeled and diced
- ½ cup corn, fresh or frozen kernels
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and diced
How to make
- Soft poach or roast the chicken breast. Ensure chicken is cooked thoroughly, until it is tender.
- Steam kumara until almost cooked. Add corn, carrots and broccoli and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve chicken with steamed vegetables when cooled to an ideal serving temperature.
Makes 5 serves, so the remainder can be frozen.
Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator the previous night or if thawing in the microwave, ensure the meal is cooked straight away until it is piping hot. Stir it thoroughly to disperse any hot spots before allowing to cool.