Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 medium (150g) carrot, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs (or make a mix with oregano and basil)
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
How to make
- Heat oil in a medium sized frying pan on a medium heat. Add onion, carrot, garlic and herbs and cook until soft.
- Add tinned tomatoes and mix. Simmer until thickened and reduced slightly. Allow to cool.
- Blend until a smooth consistency is reached.
Store the sauce covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.