- 1½ cups (375mL) water
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 small (70g) carrot, chopped
- 2 tbsp red lentils
- 2 tbsp grated tasty cheese
- 2 tbsp frozen peas, thawed
How to make
- Place water, onion, carrot and lentils in a small saucepan over high heat; bring to the boil; simmer until lentils are tender, about 10-15 minutes; stir through cheese and peas.
- Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth, adding more boiled water if necessary to achieve the required consistency. For older babies, simply mash with a fork.
For convenient quantities, place puree into ice cube trays and freeze. Each cube is equal to about 1 tablespoonful, which is just right for babies just starting out.