Cream of Pumpkin and Potato Soup
- Spray oil for cooking
- ½ small (40g) onion, finely chopped
- 250g butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 small (120g) potato, peeled and chopped
How to make
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat; spray with oil; add onion, cook 2 minutes or until tender. Add pumpkin and potato; cover with water; place over high heat; bring to the boil; simmer until vegetables are cooked through about 10 minutes. Drain; reserve ½ cup (125mL) cooking liquid.
- Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth, adding more reserved cooking liquid if necessary to achieve the required consistency.